Wednesday 22 May 2013

acquaintance

I'm in this fear,
overriding every fear in me,
This very fear of moving apart,
Of losing all that I had from here;

The end of an era,
I'm not so fond of,
Yet by the end,
Where I had gained so much,
And had little to leave;

Yet when I think,
Think about the random days,
When I cared not for anything,
Somethings got noticed,
While some didn't
And then I got used to noticing;

And then when I think,
Of the building,board or chalk,
I think i will miss them not,
But the acquaintance I got used to;

Strange but I hardly ever spoke,
Strange how I used to avoid the genius,
How I was harsh on myself ,
To keep me safe,
And now at the very end
I realise I will miss what I associated
So long, so easily......

I won't say I was wrong,
For what I thought best I did,
For what my temperament did was
Nothing more that genuine,
And nothing could be more right,
Yet I see this ordinary thought,
That brings a joy and fear in me
That arouse deep revolt in me itself,
I know a fact I wouldn't like to express.......
A fact difficult to face,
An acquaintance at times leaves
A mark more than the space intended.........

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...