Wednesday 20 November 2013

A life on the verge of death


The white bed sheets spread wide and far,
The smell of spirit overwhelming,
The saline reducing to bubbles,
The ECG line going straight,
In a while I run through every moment.....

The child I was.....
The orange peel on the terrace
And the sibling fights we had,
Then the rush of anger,
And then the fear of losing each other,
Then hugging each other so tight.

The guava tree I climbed,
The fruits we had,
The race of our lives we ran
When the gardener saw us,
The glass we broke....
The time we stood together,
When noone spoke out a name...

The first time when I realised,
Love was beyond attraction,
The first time when I had a healthy but broken heart,
Everything was wasted......
I had time for none,
I lived till this bed,
To become something that i expected of me...

I can hear and see everyone moving,
So terse is their action,
So swift is the doctor's,
My fate will soon be decided,
While the few last moments ,
I can skim through what I am.....

The first time I saw my mother cry,
I knew their was nothing more painful,
The first time I saw a butterfly fly,
I knew their was nothing more colourful,
The first time when I travelled alone,
I knew their was nothing more comforting
Than a father's care,
The first time my sister left me,
I knew I didn't want the room for myself......
And here today I smile,
I smile at the journey,
from orange peel to room,
When my tender heart grew strong,
To know the difference between ignorance and innocence,
To live upto myself,
To have all of 24*7 for the best people in life,
To have wasted not a single moment,
This one life was worth it all,
Very few get a chance to die so happy,satisfied and lucky.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Liked it? Share it and leave me your thoughts in comments below.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...